VOX is proud to announce the arrival of its new flagship amps equipped with Nutube, the next-generation vacuum tube.
The MVX150 series challenges existing concepts of tube amps; it features a Nutube in both the pre-amp and power amp sections, delivering the fat and warm sound that is the characteristic of tubes. Careful attention has been paid not only to the Nutube, but also to every aspect of the analog design for the peripheral circuitry as well. Additionally, theres no need to worry about maintenance, such as tube replacement, that is inevitable for conventional tube amps.
The newly designed power amp uses NuPower technology, and attains sound quality and stunning power that surpasses conventional tube amps. The two-channel design covers a wide range of sounds from clean to high-gain, and everything in between. The MVX150 also features useful functionality such as a WET ONLY output for the on-board reverb and effects send/return.
Controls that allows versatile sound-shaping from clean to high-gain, from vintage to the unknown
The MVX150 series features a two-channel design that covers a wide variety of sounds. In addition to EQ, Channel 1 provides CLEAN/CRUNCH, BRIGHT, and FAT modes. Channel 2 lets you switch between RHYTHM/LEAD, BRIGHT, FAT, and MID-SHIFT modes. PRESENCE and RESONANCE controls are also provided, which let you adjust the ultra-high and ultra-low regions respectively. You can not only re-create iconic guitar sounds of the past, but also aggressively shape your tone in all-new ways. The bias voltage of the Nutube used on each channel of the preamp can be also adjusted, allowing you to control the response and character of the sound, providing a dramatically expanded expressive scope from vintage to modern.
Includes practical functions such as effects send/return and WET ONLY output
The MVX150 series provides many extended features, such as effects send/return jacks that allow you switch between parallel and series.
As on the Valvetronix series, the power level control lets you adjust the level in six stages, all while maintaining the sense of loudness and distortion. There’s also WET ONLY output that lets you easily set up a wet/dry rig simply by adding an additional speaker cabinet. In this setup the MVX150 will output just the dry sound from the conventional speaker, while the WET ONLY output emits only the sound processed by a send/return connected effect unit or the internal reverb unit. By utilizing this function, you can easily create the same dry/wet system as a professional stage setup using just this one unit, without using a separate power amp or complex connections.
The MVX150 also provides an EMULATED LINE OUT which is useful not only during live performances but also in the recording studio. This output emulates the sound of a mic’d speaker cabinet, making it easy to record with realistic amp sounds even when using a direct-line connection.
The all-new BC112-150 speaker cabinet is a perfect match for the MVX150H
The BC112-150 speaker cabinet takes full complete advantage of the MVX150’s power. Like the combo model, it is equipped with a UK-made Celestion Redback speaker. With 150W of input handling capacity, it’s the perfect way to fully draw out the potential of the MVX150, both in sound and design.
The MVX150 series represents a new frontier of amplifiers, one that challenges the established conceptions of large tube amps and costly boutique amps.
- 150W Nutube amp featuring a next-generation Nutube vacuum tube in both the pre-amp and power amp sections
- Newly developed NuPower power amp technology distills the advantages of conventional power amps
- Two-channel design covers a wide range of tones, from pure clean sounds to modern hi-gain
- Each channel provides EQ as well as various modes that provide a wide array of tones
- The pre-amp of each channel is equipped with a bias adjustment knob
- High-quality, on-board digital reverb
- WET ONLY output lets you easily set up a wet/dry rig
- EMULATED LINE OUT allows realistic amp sounds for direct-line recording
- A chic flat design represents a new era of large tube amps
- Lightest weight in its class; Superb portability
- No need for the bothersome maintenance that is often required for conventional tube amps
- The BC112-150 speaker cabinet, a perfect match for the MVX150H, is also available
- Optional footswitch allows you to switch channels and toggle reverb, or effects, on & off
Input/Output Jacks: INPUT, SEND, RETURN, EMULATED LINE OUT, SPEAKER OUTPUT, WET ONLY SPEAKER OUTPUT, SPEAKER OUTPUT x 2
Power Amp Output: Max 150 Watts RMS into 4 ohms, 75 Watts RMS into 8 ohms, 32.5 Watts RMS into 16 ohms
Power Consumption: Max 300 W
Dimensions (W x D x H): 520 mm x 219 mm x 194 mm /20.47″ x 8.62″ x 7.64″
Weight: 7.1 kg/15.65 lbs.
Included Item: Power cable
Accessories (separately sold): VFS2A foot switch