The Tonebone PZ-Deluxe produced by Radial Engineering is a studio-quality instrument preamp that jam-packs a full range of features into a compact pedal, suitable for live stage use, and beginning with a low-noise front-end that is capable of excellent dynamics and is adaptable to all kinds of instruments including acoustic guitar, upright bass, mandolin, and violin, no matter what type of pickup system is being employed. For piezo transducers, a special PZB gain stage may be engaged that increases the input impedance to 10 MΩ to eliminate squawk and explosive peaks that are common with other systems. This eliminates the need for a separate preamp – which is of particular importance for those that do not want to cut a hole into their vintage guitar.
Its well appointed control panel features input gain, 3-band semi-parametric EQ with variable mid-frequency, 3-position low frequency resonance filter, plus 180° polarity reverse switches which can all but eliminate acoustic hot spots that can cause runaway resonant feedback. A guitar-level output delivers the signal to the artist’s stage amp, while its onboard Radial direct box feeds the PA system; balanced low-impedance output allows the PZ-Deluxe to drive long cable runs of over 100 meters (300ft) with no noise. Additionally, it includes a separate tuner output which allows for quiet on-stage adjustments simply by depressing the mute switch. And for those solos, it has an onboard variable power booster with a set-and-forget level control that lets you punch right on through the mix when you need to.
Compact for easy transportation, PZ-Deluxe is made tough to handle the road, is easy-to-use, with plug-and-play, and delivers exceptional studio quality audio wherever you may be.
- Combination instrument preamp and direct box
- Exceptionally quiet audio performance
- Works on all types of pickups and transducers
- Footswitches for muting and power booster
- Circuit type: Class A FET Hybrid Input Stage
- # of Channels: 1 (mono)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 18 kHz (0/-3 dB)
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03% @ -20 dB output
- Equivalent Input Noise: -108 dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.07%
- Input Impedance:
- PZB Off: 6.8 kΩ
- PZB On: 10 MΩ
- 1/4″ Input to stage amp out: +16 dB (PZB-Off)
- 1/4″ input to XLR Out: +21dB (PZB-Off)
- PZB Piezo booster circuit: +10 dB
- Boost On: +13 dB maximum
- Output Impedance – XLR Output: 600 Ω
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.1″ x 6.1″ x 3.8″ (155 x 96.5 x 53mm)
- Weight: 1.75 lbs. (0.8 kg)
- Power Requirement: 15VDC 400mA (Center-Pin-Positive)
There are no reviews yet.