Introducing M-Audio’s BX5 D3 monitors – the return of a studio icon and the successor to the industry-renowned BX D2 monitors. Trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally, M-Audios BX monitors guarantee absolute surgical precision and repeatable engineering excellence.
Listen with confidence: with M-Audios BX5 D3 studio reference monitors, you’ll hear everything in lifelike detail, so your mixes and recordings will sound their best!
• 5-inch military-grade Kevlar woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.”
• Treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters.
• BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
• Rear-mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution.
• Tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable.
• Front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations.
• Iconic “keyhole” shape design on the front panel is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from the drivers.
• Driving the BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately – each optimized for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver.
• Precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum.
• Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
• Combining conveniently-located rear-mounted XLR and 1/4-inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually any studio equipment including mixers, interfaces, DJ gear and more.
• Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
• Low Freq. Driver: 5 inch (127mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. (Magnetically shielded)
• High Freq. Driver: 1 inch (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
• Frequency Response: 52Hz 35kHz
• Crossover Frequency: 2.0kHz
• Low Freq. Amplifier Power: 65W
• High Freq. Amplifier Power: 55W
• Maximum Peak SPL105dB
• Input Sensitivity: 85mV pink noise input produces 96dBA output SPL at 1
• Input Connectors: 1x XLR balanced input connector, 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
• Input Impedance: 10kohm balanced, 20kohm unbalanced
• Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
• Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
• Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115V ~50/60Hz, 230V ~50/60Hz, or 100V ~50/60Hz
Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
• Dimensions: (height x width x depth): 10in. x 6.9in. x 7.8in (254mm x 176mm x 197mm)
• Weight (without packing): 12.3 lbs. (5.6kg)